The Line Profile Tool lets you create and view line profiles of images. It allows an unlimited number of line profiles to be added to the same graph. You can add line profiles from multiple images and from multiple viewports. It also contains a sub-pixel edge detector for finding edges. The tool will also show you where your found edge was found by placing cross-hairs on the image that correspond to the found edges. And of course, all of this functionality is also provided in our underlying object oriented API (OOP API).
Quite often in image processing, you need to compare two or more line profiles to distinguish some characteristic of one image from another image. To do this easily, you need the two line profile curves displayed on the same graph. Using this tool, you can easily accomplish this task of comparing two or more line profiles. As with all HLImage++ tools that use a graph to display image data, you can do the following:
- Change the minimum and maximum X and Y axis values
- Change the grid markings for both the X and Y axis
- Change the text displayed on the graph (Title, X axis label, Y axis label)
- Change the color and style of each curve on the graph
- Zoom to a specified area using the mouse
- Switch between zoomed and UN-zoomed modes using a right mouse button double click
- Re-size the graph
- Print the graph
- Copy the graph to the clipboard to easily use it in reports
- and more...